Wednesday, January 2, 2008

How I Spent My Winter Vacation

Ok, so the break's not over, but I can sum it up for you with one fabulous picture.














Me and my mom's dog spent approximately 95 hours in this exact position last week. I was cold, she likes to cuddle. It worked out. I did get some knitting done, despite any doubts you may have.

Finished all my Christmas knits! It's a miracle. Of course, there really weren't that many, but I did it.

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the two I finished while lying with the dog - my mom's ladder of life socks and my brother's balaclava.

But here's my step-sister's scarf. I'm in love with it. She leaves it hanging over the banister, and I almost take it every time I walk upstairs. It's just a simple one x one rib, in SWS. A beautiful purple color. There's also some sparkly stuff in the tassels. Pretty much, it's awesome. Ignore my chins. Yes, I know it's sideways. It's my good side.









In other exciting news, I finally got my own camera! There will be no more waiting for ambrrr to let me steal hers! I'm so excited. I've taken kind of a lot of pictures of myself, because there's not much else going on here, and it's 16 degrees outside, and there's no way in hell I'm going out there. I looked at a weather map a bit ago, and who would have thought colder in Tulsa than in parts of Washington, New York or Wyoming.

I also knit a quant. It's not very pretty, and I don't think I like it. I'll post about it more some other time.

Hope everyone's enjoying the new year and all that jazz.

<3 uhlissa
p.s. - look forward to some interesting activities for all you readers ( there are readers, right?)... And just for fun, here's me being a sassy knitwear model...








If today had a theme, it would be "new year. new camera. new contacts. new hair." As these are all the things I'm currently excited about.

No comments: