Monday, January 28, 2008

I have so much free time I should have knit more than this

So, I find myself in my last semester of college. Bizarre. It's one of the strangest feelings I've ever had. It means my real life is fast approaching. It also means I'm only taking 12 hours and have a lot of time to do the things that I enjoy. This semester I've been doing a lot of things I enjoy, not just knitting. Sadly, that means there's not much to blog about right now.

But here are the things I've accomplished in the three weeks I've been back in school:
1. Malabrigo Mary Jane

Yarn: Malabrigo in violetas
Pattern: Mary Jane Pithy Hat
Needles: US9 ( I think..) that I borrowed from ambrrr
I'm in love with this hat. I love the pom pom. I did the decreases slightly more gradually than written in the pattern, to smooth things out a bit, but it's still a bit too gathered for my taste. I've worn it a couple of times, and it's mostly fun to pet.

2. Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted in Dark Wool Heather.
Pattern: Amelia Earhart Aviator
Needles: US 8 (I think...) I should probably pay more attention.
My roommate describes this as my 20s swim cap. I kind of agree. It keeps my ears warm. I also added some braids. I'm debating on a pom-pom, because I seamed pretty poorly. Any opinions?

3. The never ending purl bee beret

Yarn: Lion Brand Microspun in Ebony
Pattern: Purl Bee Beret
Needles: US4
This hat has taken me longer than the one I made on 2s did. I just can't get into it, and the yarn splits a lot. The splitting has gotten better, but the first several rows were unpleasant. It was supposed to be for my aunt's birthday, but that was yesterday. I really like how it's looking, I just can't get it done.

My other free time has been spent homeworking (not so much) and painting. I don't normally paint but I was consumed by the desire, and have been working on this New Orleans collage.

Also, learning to juggle. (Damn those attractive boys and their ability to convince you to learn things you'd probably never even consider) There are no pictures of this. Thank god. I'm bad. But I'm convinced that one day I will be fantastically talented. I'll let you know if that day ever arrives.


Next on my list:
My mom really wants another pair of socks.
I promised my mom some baby knits for a colleague.
I really, really want to make Endpaper mitts. And I have the materials.
I want a lacy scarf. And I have the materials. I'm thinking maybe column of leaves or marnie's scarf. thoughts?
I also want another purl beret. I'm addicted. I can't help it.

Well, that's all. Just wanted to check in and let ya'll know I'm still alive. Ambrrr's alive too. I'll get her to post some time soon. I know she's been doing some crazy knitting.

Happy Monday ya'll.

<3 uhlissa

No comments: