Friday, August 10, 2007

Wow, another FO post? And it's ALL KnitPicks? MAN.

I have this feeling of impending doom about being able to knit during the semester, so I just knocked out the rest of my UFOs.

Anna's "Third Time's the Charm" Purl Bee Beret

Pattern: "Third Time's The Charm" Purl Bee Beret
Needles: US 2 32" circ (KnitPicks)
Yarn: KnitPicks Palette in Orange and Green (waaaaaay less than a skein each)
Modifications: Made stripes, used jogless join found here, second one listed

OK, unless Anna becomes an Irish Rasta I doubt she will wear this much. In fact, I fear that it is too small (what is this GAUGE you speak of, internets?), but whatevs. It can become a drinking hat, or something utterly ridiculous. Look, I have seen some of the outfits those Vassar kids wear for funsies, and this hat will not stand out. MOVING ON.

Sam's Space Invader's Hat

Pattern: Sam's Space Invaders Hat
Needles: US 7 16" (Addi Natura) and US 7 DPNs (Clover, Takumi, one of those)
Yarn: KnitPicks Shine Worsted in Grass (1) and Ebony (2)
Modifications: I completely made up this pattern, with the exception of the Space Invaders characters from BMP in Knitty

So I promised Sam I'd made him an awesome knitted hat for his graduation present. AND HERE IT IS. Sam likes video games and things that are neat, so I thought he'd enjoy this. In a state of frantic domesticnessosity I knit this in like... two days. It was pretty fun.

Delicious Cell Phone Cozy

Pattern: Delicious Cell Phone Cozy
Needles: Bryspun US 5 straights
Yarn: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Snickerdoodle and Pink Cheeks
Modifications: I used strings of 3 seed beads instead of tubey ones, no biggie

THIS IS FOR UHLISSA!!!! This was the surprise I was trying to keep from her, and FAILED, because I got too super excited about it and had to post it. I've plenty (PLENTY) of WotA left, I think I'll make a larger one to hold my iPod. WHEEEEEEE.

OK, I'm tired. THE END. More photos can be found on my Flickr.

<3 Ambrrr

2 comments:

Uhlissa said...

for me!?!? (squeals of excitement....) i do love surprises.

you, sir, have been mighty productive. i'm jealous. i have completed a sock recently. there will be pictures soon .

miss you much. can't wait to get back to the nola. we'll squeeze in some quality knitting time before school consumes us both.

Uhlissa said...

oh, and also...
BEST PICTURE EVER!

how i do love cutlery.