Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Le Sigh.

Hello, Friends.

Not much knitting has been going on in these parts of Ohio. Anna's Oh-My-Stars socks have made essentially no more progress, nor has Pomatomus. Since those are the two pairs of US 2s that I own I can't start any more socks (a good thing?). I was counting on a job that fell through to get more needles from KnitPicks, probably a pair each of US 0, 1 and 2 in 32" circs. I had such high hopes! High hopes that are now dashed!

Ah well, here are some pic-a-tures.

I finished another Dreamswatch, this time for Anna. This one has a lot more modifications than mine, sort of.


Pattern: Dreamswatch, with mods listed below
Needles: Clover Bamboo straights US 8
Yarn: Lion Brand Yarn Incredible in Copper Penny (Art. # 520, Color 208), a LOT less than a whole skein (110 yds/50gr), 100% nylon
Modifications: So Anna saw mine and demanded one as well. That's cool, I guess. I mean, I still haven't finished her birthday socks, so ok. Her specified mods - thinner and short. This came out to mean only two repetitions of the pattern instead of four, and I added a stitch on both sides that was only knit in garter to discourage curling.

A close-up of the pattern and how the loops look in this yarn.


And here it is on Anna!

Ok, I'll try to work on Pomatomus (although I seem to have lost my printed pattern and have no idea where I am in the heel flap), even though I am often struck with the urge to frog it and try another pattern. Uhlissa and I have discussed this, and though I long to do another Monkey if I DO frog Pomatomus I promise I'll only do it to try another pattern. Jaywalker, perhaps?

(<3) from the Queen of Whatever*, Ambrrr

PS - I highly encourage clicking on the pictures to embiggen them. You can see the stitches and color a lot better! Plus a big 'ole picture of Anna's head.

*"The Long Way Around" - The Dixie Chicks

2 comments:

Uhlissa said...

you should make me one.

Uhlissa said...

you know, just in case you need something to keep yourself occupied.