Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hello World, How Are You?

Hello blog. I'm sorry I neglect you. I've been busy! I'd love to tell you I'm just focusing so much on school right now that I don't have time for anything else, but that would be a blatant lie. I play a lot of cards, juggle, knit a bit and am generally lazy.

But here's what I've been doing:
I knit juggling balls. They work. I love them.
Pattern: Oh Balls!
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in colors I just had sitting around
Needles: US7 dpns
I just used beans instead of fluff. Eventually I'll get a picture of my mad juggling skills for all of you to witness and appreciate.







On Valentine's Day I posted a picture of the Heart Bouquet, but didn't say anything about it. My friend Amy was my valentine. She put together a scavenger hunt and cooked dinner. I knit a bouquet of hearts and made desert.


There were a total of 16 hearts made from this pattern.
Yarns: Cascade 220 in Ruby; Red Heart Soft Yarn in Fuchsia; Vanna's Choice in Dusty Rose, Mustard, Purple, Brick, Dusty Purple, and some blue/green color; Wool Ease in dark rose heather, blue heather and ranch red; bernat cashmere blend in rain and ocean; karabella aurora 8 in some dark purple; and Berella 4 in burnt orange and rich pink.
Needles: US6 dpns

I also made some heart sachets for my roommates. The heart pattern is from the earflap of a hat in an old Knit.1. I stuffed them with fluff and added some potpourri.









I'm currently working on Charade socks. It's been an interesting adventure, which I will explore further once I finish them.

Happy Knitting!

<3 uhlissa

No comments: