Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oops, oh my!

Dearest Chickadees and Chickadudes,

My humblest, humblest apologies for neglecting this blargh for as long as I have. Dearest Uhlissa has been after me to update, so I must confess it is my own lackadaisical nature that led to the dearth of updates on my part.

As if stands, the BHnPKS has been temporarily disbanded due to two things: Summer Break, and the Grandest A+ Adventure of All: Uhlissa's Graduation! On May 17th Uhlissa graduated from Tulane with a fancy fancy degree and neat hat. There were robes involved, as well. There will soon be pictures of this grand event, and of us and BHnPKS mascot Sheeps! looking our smiley best.

On the knitting front, it is probably best if you can join us on the Rav. Most of my updates go there now, although soon I will start a summer internship (June 1st, to be exact) and we'll see what working from 8 to 4:30 does for knitting time. The real world! How does one deal with it?!

On the needles now: Ene's Scarf. I KNOW! Here are the notes I've posted on Rav:

Needles: Knitpicks Harmony Circs US 6, 47"
Yarn: Knitpicks Gloss in Dolphin, bought 4 skeins

5/19/08: Arrive home from Tulane. Drop by library to pick up “Scarf Style.” Cast on. 375 sts later, wishing self to be dead.

5/20/08: Row 3 of Chart 1 is confusing me. I am sad. May stab self with sharp, sharp Harmony circs.

5/20/08 B: Have figured out sekkrit. Is most sekkrit of sekkrits - the markers must move. SCIENCE!

5/21/08: Am now onto Chart 3, having finished Charts 1 and 2. Three shalt be the number of the chart, and the number of the chart shalt be three. Chart 4 shalt thou not knit (yet), nor either reknit thou Chart 2. Chart 5 is right out. Once Chart 3, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Scarf of Ene towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

As of today I'm onto the second repeat of five total of Chart 3... I can't say it's getting easier but I've definitely established a rhythm.

So keep cool, my babies!

<3 Ambrrr

No comments: