Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby Knits

The blanket is done! Well, the knitting is done. It has some ends to be woven in and I'm going to attempt to block it. But overlooking those things, IT'S DONE! It took about two months, from casting on to binding off. Of course, in those two months, a lot of things other than knitting took place, like finishing college, graduating and moving.










Details:
Pattern: Round or Pinwheel Baby Blanket (found on ravelry, just like everything else I love)
Needles: US6, dpns, 16" and 47" circulars
Yarn: Lion Brand Baby Soft in cream, bluebell and pistachio. I used almost exactly the whole skein of cream and about half of each of the others.
I used a border that another raveler came up with, that a lot of people have used. Mine's not lying flat really, but I think the slight curl/ruffle is kind of nice.
I talked to the mommy-to-be yesterday and told her I was knitting her something. She was really excited, but I refused to tell her what it was. Apparently the blanket matches her color scheme. As soon as I get it all blocked I'll be taking it to her.

I'm really happy with the outcome, but I'm glad to be done. Near the end it became pretty tedious, and I'd take breaks to wind balls of other yarn and plan out future projects. Look forward to a handspun hat, another quant and various other beautiful things.

<3 uhlissa

p.s. congrats to ambrrr on being employed.

No comments: