Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Knitting Fun!

After days of checking my mailbox anxiously every hour or so, our order from Knit Picks finally arrived! We definitely stocked up, and mostly for some sock knitting, it appears.

I'm particularly excited about the Bare yarn I got to dye. I've never dyed yarn before, but I think that'll be on the agenda for Saturday.
Also, I'm planning on trying some socks. I got a set of US2 double points, that are pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I decided that ambrrr's Monkey turned out so beautifully, that I'm going to try the same pattern for my first socks. I got two different sock yarns that might receive the honor of being made into Monkey: Memories in Pansy and Gossamer in Leprechaun.
I bought some Palette in Hyacinth with no purpose, because I thought it was pretty. Hopefully I'll be inspired soon.

In The Picture to the left:
Top: 3 hanks of Bare
Middle: 2 balls of Palette
Bottom: Gossamer, Memroies, and the cutest needles ever.

Ambrrr's acquisitions on the right:

Top: Black and orange Palette
Middle: Green Palette
Bottom: Gossamer in Leprechaun
Very bottom: US3 clover dpns


Onto my current projects:

The Gryffindor scarf is coming along very well. I'm onto the 8th or 9th stripe I believe. It's sitting all the way across the room in a bag, so I can't see it, otherwise I might be slightly more precise in this description.

My mom's shawl is not progressing at all, and I'm pretty sure she won't be getting it in time for her birthday, unless I sit down and work on it for about nine straight days. Maybe a mother's day gift?

I finished Karissa's calorimetry that matches her birthday mittens. I haven't sent it to her yet, as I've been trying to wait and take some pictures, and I should probably write a letter to accompany it.
Update> I finally got pictures. This is me modeling the calorimetry in, perhaps, the worst picture of me that has ever existed.My aunt called me the other day and asked me to make her a calorimetry, also. I was wearing mine when I saw her a few weeks ago, and she really liked it, so hopefully I'll get one done in the next couple of weeks. I'll have to check my stash and see if I have any black yarn, otherwise there might be an excursion to my favorite local yarn store in the near future.

I had some other topsecret knitting missions I was hoping to finish for some upcoming birthdays, but I'm not sure that'll be possible any more. I'm kind of sad, but it's hard to knit something secretly, especially if I want to finish it soon. I might try though. We'll see.

Other exciting knitting acquisitions happened on my drive back to school. In Dallas, I stumbled upon the knitting store I look for everytime I'm there, and I manage to always forget what street it's on. It's a really fantastic store, and I picked up some really gorgeous Andes wool. I feel ridiculous because I bought two very, very similar yarns, but they were so gorgeous I couldn't choose. Colors 17 and 18. I think I want to make at least one calorimetry out of some of the yarn. Actually, the day I went into the Woolie Ewe, I was wearing my calorimetry becuase I'd been driving all day adn it was cold out, and people in the store really liked it, and were complimenting me and asking questions. It was a great feeling. I need to wear handknits into yarn stores way more often.

Ok, I think that's all for now. Sorry about the length, but I can't contain my excitement!
<3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhm9YpoupN6BeImskNXGSlEHMS7owOeUze-rVFBjRbYwMtYKq6g_mjKgYwIqv_-SNW6htaSPq1bkB3vQnGZPPnCZS3LuwbM5pK0EaKTv9Fnqbmh7HbuR5yMnfZ83LhM7thOg_V_brYtL8U/s1600-h/birthday+hat2.jpg">

No comments: