Friday, January 5, 2007

First Completed Project of 2007!

So, I didn't realize it until I tried to title this post, but this is my first completed project of 2007. That's pretty neat, right? Well, anyways, my friend Karissa's birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to make her something, so clearly mittens were the correct choice. I used the same pattern as I used to make my mom's christmas mittens. I changed a few things, such as the color of Mission Falls 1824 Wool (I really didn't consciously decide to use the same type of yarn, I just like it a lot), and made fewer, larger cables.Here are a few pictures. The color is unfortunately way off. In reality, these mittens are a gorgeous dark blue.



I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, and hopefully Karissa will like them too. I think this project only took me two evenings, which is pretty nice and only a little more than a skein of yarn. I hate making pairs of things though, becuase after the first one's done, I just want to be finished. I'm toying with the idea of making a pair of striped mittens from the wool left over from this pair and the pair I made my mom. I think the colors would be complimentary, and I really like working with the yarn. I know I need to get to work on my Gryffindor scarf, but I bought a lot of cheap yarn yesterday at Hobby Lobby, and I've decided I want to make calorimetry. I actually picked up several yarns that I think would work well. We'll see how I feel when I go upstairs and take stock of my stash and re-organize my yarn box.

<3uhlissa

No comments: