Monday, December 11, 2006

Knitting at work, what fun!

Since I work at our University's Card Services office, I tend to do my homework and knit in between making new cards and whatnot. Today I brought my Ravenclaw scarf, which I modified from the pattern here to be a 1x1 rib, and 45 sts long instead of 90. Also, I'm knitting it flat (hence the 1x1 rib) instead of in the round. So essentially .... I've kept the color scheme and number of row repeats. And possibly the fringe. :D

People tend to look at you funny when you knit in public. This may also have something to do with the fact that I brought my new iDog, Bleu, and am playing Christmas music rather loudly though him. But I've gotten a lot of compliments on the scarf so far. Only 7 more repeats of 27MC, 3CC, 5MC, 3CC to go, whoo hoo! That is actually probably a lie. It's more like 8. I hope. God, this scarf is taking a while. Ok, time to work on an axonometric drawing. By which I most likely mean "knit some more."

Also, I have been reminded that dearest Uhlissa visited me earlier and wound a ridiculous skein of yarn into a manageable yarn ball for me. God bless Uhlissa. I tried to do this earlier and nearly destroyed the entire thing. For some godforsaken reason the end of the yarn was nowhere to be found, until the entire yarn ball was essentially done. Ridiculous. Then again, I DID pay about four American dollars for the thing. Whoo cheap acrylic yarn!
- Ambrrr

No comments: