Saturday, May 26, 2007

More from Ambrrr, unsurprisingly. :D

It's been going around the knitblogs recently, and I've decided to jump in myself (and copy various other knitbloggers I've seen by posting in lists of 10. I'm nothing if not consistent. I think.), so here we go!

100 Facts About Ambrrr, #1-10

1. I'm actually a very secretive person. This is surprising to some people, as I've two internet blogs (and some people don't even know about the other one!), multiple social networking accounts, and have a tendency to blurt out personal things when I should not. The difference is that I'll tell absolute strangers secrets about me and never let my closest friends in on it.

2. I don't think I'm photogenic at all. I hate 98% of photos of myself, loathe 1.5%, and barely tolerate .5%. If I tell you I "love this photo" and I'm in it, I'm either secretly mortified or there's someone else in the photo I think looks great.

3. I'm a single child of a single mother, and for the most part we get along famously. (We've our dust-ups now and then, but who doesn't fight with their parents?) We started watching the Gilmore Girls when I was in middle school because we felt they were very similar to us. (The main difference is Fact #4.) I tell my Mum practically everything, and I think we're closer than a lot of my friends and their mothers.

4. My grandmother had my Mum when she was 33, and Mum had me when she was 33. I've got 13 years to go, so I'm figuring I've got a few years before I start thinking about bebes.

5. Even though I've been knitting for 12 years I don't consider myself a very advanced knitter. I've knit a sweater (Skully from SnB, but I have no idea where it is right now) the summer before my sophomore year of college, and multiple pairs of socks and various other items, but I'm very reluctant to start another "big project" as I'm quite poor at the moment and fear knitting something I wouldn't want to wear in the end.

6. I love the internet. Love love love it. Most of the fights Mum and I have had this summer have been over the fact that I'm constantly on my computer. I can't help it, I'm bad at the phone and Facebook is the easiest way for me to keep in touch with my friends. I also love having so much information at my fingertips. I really should have changed my major from architecture to computer science.

7. I'm super lazy. Or, as I like to say, laze. That's the other thing Mum and I tend to fight about. I usually feel awful about my pure laze, it's something I'd like to fix about myself. It's also mainly in personal time, at work I'm very into whatever I'm working on. Honestly!

8. Hm, some basic stuff... I was born in Nashville, TN and raised in Ohio on the west side of Cleveland (North Ridgeville, near Elyria). I've also lived in Pittsburgh, PA (when I attended Carnegie Mellon University during the semester Tulane was closed due to Hurricane Katrina) and New Orleans, LA.

9. Other countries I've visited include Canada, France, Greece and Italy. Every single one of those trips was through the school I went to 6th-12th grades, Lake Ridge Academy.

10. Other than Mum the other "person" in the house is my teacup Chihuahua Yazoo. I got him as a puppy when I was in 6th grade. He is fat and lazy too, so I loves him muchly. Today I walked into "his room" because he'd been fussing at me as I walked around and discovered that he'd put a whole bunch of newspaper in his bed, forming some sort of little cave. He's a little crazy, too.

Whew, that was harder than I thought! Next post from me will have actual knitting, as I finished something Anna-related. Not her socks, oddly.

Ambrr, who talks way too much. <3

No comments: