Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Secret Pal 10! Oh boy!

So I've decided to stop being such a lump and participate in Secret Pal 10. I think it'll be fun! Plus, I love to get mail. I also love to fill out surveys, as seen below!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'm just starting to explore what fibers I like. But I cannot stand 100% cotton. After Marilyn's Fetching I'm very very wary about knitting with that again. I'm a fan of merino wools, and as long as acrylic is blended with something I don't mind knitting with it.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Right now they're all in a tub with my v. small yarn stash. I've been thinking about getting a tin or something, but I don't have that many needles here at Tulane.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since I was 8, so that's 12 years under my belt. Nonetheless, I would consider myself an "intermediate" knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, you can find it here and another one here.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love lemongrass, grass, and green tea. Also very light floral scents, like cherry blossom.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

You cannot go wrong with chocolate, and my favorite candy is the Skor bar. I am also partial to anything Kinder makes, and have a devestating attraction to Nutella.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Knitting is pretty much the only crafty thing I do, besides a little drawing. I cannot spin, and don't have access to a sewing machine. :C I also do a little cross stitch.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I am open to pretty much all kinds of music, excepting country and heavy metal. You can check out my Last.fm here, which tells you what kind of music I listen to and how often. I also have an iPod for MP3s and my laptop can play CDs.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Green is my favorite color, followed closely by black, blue and purple. (Why am I a bruise?) I have troubles liking yellows and oranges, but I'm open to them. Browns..... I guess it all depends. :D

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Right now I live in a dorm room at Tulane University, so no pets and luckily no roommate. I don't smoke, either. During May and June I'll likely be living with my Mum in Ohio again, where I have a Chihuahua. But he stays out of the stash and she doesn't smoke either. Neither does the dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves, hats and mittens yes, ponchos no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I am a sock lunatic right now. I just bought some Addi turbos (my first pair!) to knit another pair, as soon as I find a pattern I like.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, socks, and Fetching. And also a camera cosy, which I am weary of.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

For knitting flat I like straight, but in the round I'm used to DPNs. I'm going to use the Addis to try Magic Loop for the first time, which I think will be exciting. Bamboo or aluminum needles, as long as they aren't the crappy aluminum kind.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Unfortunately no. :C

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Only a few weeks. It's that wretched camera cozy. Unless you count the fact that I still haven't found a button for my Calorimetry, in which case my oldest UFO is about 2 months old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Easter! Chocolates and bunnies, hurrah!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Not really. Other than yarn, that is.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I haven't really perused the knitting books out there. I don't even know what the fuss is about EZ. (*ducks flying objects*) No knitting 'zines here, either. I am like a blank slate.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Hmm... I'm giving Magic Loop a go, soon.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am all about the socks right now. I'm a 9 1/2 US Woman's, and my foot measures about 9 1/2 to 10 inches from heel to toe.

23. When is your birthday?

October 2nd.



Wheee Secret Pal! Sekkrit Pal, even.

<3 Ambrrr

No comments: