Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Secret Pal Questionnaire

So, ambrrr convinced me that Secret Pal looked like a lot of fun. So, I too signed up and am now totally psyched. We know that it might be confusing to our pals because we share a blog, but I promise we'll do our best to make it obvious who's doing what. In fact, we created a fancy side bar just to help make things clear. Check it out.


Now onto the fun part:

The Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love just about everything. I like merino wools a lot. As long as wool is soft, I'm all for it. I also don't mind cottons, or even acrylic blends. There's nothing I can think of that I don't really like.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles are in a couple different plastic bags that live in my box of yarn. Nothing too exciting, though fairly practical.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when I was about 8 from one of my neighbors. I got back into it in high school when I re-taught myself with help from books, the internet, and my best friends' mom, and have been unstoppable since. (Which has only been about 5 years). I'd say I'm an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not at this moment, but if I come up with one, I'll be sure to post it.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like hard candy, and don't really like chocolate. My favorite candy is jelly beans. I'm also partial to jolly ranchers, swedish fish, taffy, sweet tarts, and various other candies along that line.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew sometimes, though I don't have my machine down here at school. I cross stitch, but not much when I'm knitting something cool. I also make t-shirts and paint a little.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm very ecclectic in my musical taste. Mostly punk/pop punk, but I like all things from the 80s, like some pop, rock, country and hip hop. I'm going to guess that if you took the time to send me music, I would not be disappointed.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple and green. I don't like browns or orange. I like yellows in combination with pretty colors, but not usually by it's self.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live in a dorm room currently, and when I'm at home I have parents and a stepsister. There are dogs at home, but nothing even remotely resembling a pet here.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love love love scarves, hats and mittens, but ponchos aren't my thing.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm currently on a sock binge. I like making mittens a lot. I used to enjoy hats a lot, I've just gotten distracted lately by other options. I've also been exploring the world of lace knitting, and love to make soft, cuddly things.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm knitting quite a few things. I'm bad at finishing things. Well, no,I finish things, but I like to have a variety of projects going simultaneously. Right now I"m finishing a pair of socks, making my mom a shawl and making myself a Harry Potter scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like straights and dpns. I use a lot of bamboo and plastic. I'm not opposed to aluminum as long as they're not particularly slippery.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Not yet. I've been contemplating buying a winder for a while.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have scarves I started years ago, and was uninspired to finsih, but they're in a box at home. Here at school, the oldest UFO is probably two months or so old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday. Though I'm also partial to St. Patrick's day and Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Pigs. In all shapes and forms. Plus, of course, yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
not that I can think of. I have a subscription to Creative Knitting that my friend gave me for Christmas.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not particularly. I tend to try to teach myself new things if I pick a pattern that requires new skills.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I'm a US women's 10. My foot is about 9.5 inches long from the heel to the big toe.

23. When is your birthday?
February 26.


Well, that's it. I'm really excited about all of this.

<3 uhlissa

No comments: