Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New Knitty, New Obsessions

The new Knitty went up today (maybe yesterday - I haven't been checking too diligently...), and I am in love. I'm always in love when I find new patterns, so it's not that surprising,really.

New items on the list of objects to eventually knit or covet forever or are just inspiring in general:

Carolyn cardigan
bmp socks
Ester sweater
Dashing wristwarmers
Queen of cups socks
Clessidra socks

I think my favorites are the last two pairs of socks, mostly because I've become obsessed with sock knitting.

I had gotten about three inches into my Hedera socks when I decided it needed to be frogged. I had decided to overlook the fact that I had repeated the same row of the lace pattern at one point, making an odd row that stood out quite a bit in my mind, but when I was missing stitches on all 3 sides, I called in quits. I don't know how I lost so many stitches, but I'm not worrying about it, and am just four rows back into the cuff.

I've also been working on a shawl for my mom. It's going pretty quickly. It's weird working on size 2s, and then switching to 15s to work on the shawl. It's about half-way done, and I'm hoping to finish it in the next week and a half when I head to California to see my mom. It was going to be a birthday present, but that didn't happen, so I'm hoping to surprise her with it for no real reason, other than she's awesome and totally deserves it.

I promise there will be pictures soon. As Ambrrr said, illness has consumed everyone we know for the past few weeks, but we seem to be getting better. When we're well again, pictures will be posted.

<3 uhlissa

No comments: