Sunday, March 25, 2007

You guys. Really.

Guys, we need to talk. Seriously.

I was so enthusiastic about Pomatomus! I was all "Oh my gah, I simply cannot wait to knit this sock. Cookie A. is a genius. Honestly. And all that Koigu! Fantastico!"

Guys. I have failed us.

While Ms. A is still an amazing genius genius, Pomatomus is kicking my arse in a serious, intense fashion. The pattern itself was not hard after the first repetition, but it takes me so long to do one that I just cut out a pattern repetition of Chart A entirely. I've just started on the heel flap, which seemed so much easier using Magic Loop. I forgot how much DPNs tends to poke you and try their hardest to slit your wrists. Oh man.

I'm putting it on the back burner for now, as not only do I have some intense studio work due this week but there's a Brotherhood Retreat for my architecture fraternity Alpha Rho Chi this weekend. Anyways, enjoy some pictures of me knitting on the way to and from the APX National Convention in Memphis this weekend. Hurrah and sadness!


I took the photo above on the way there. I'd only just cast on a week before, and done the ribbing. I think I mentioned this already, what with the messing up and whatnot. That's at one pattern rep, I believe. And also something like 4 hours.


Here's Pomatomus on the way back, at two pattern reps and the beginning of the heel flap. My hands were hurting so bad I thought they'd fall off. I stopped soon after this.


A little close-up of the stitches. I really love the way they look all scaly, it's really fascinating. In the sun it looks like I am making some sort of fabric fish. Weird.

<3 Ambrrr

1 comment:

Black Heels & Purls said...

It's so pretty. I can't wait to see it in person. By the way, why haven't I seen you in person?
<3uh