Monday, March 19, 2007

A Contest! I love contests! Drinks all around!*

So Mme Shelby informs me that to participate in a CONTEST (which I love to do) I must do two things:

1. Make sure you know where my SP10 Questionnaire is, and
2. Post one of my current projects.

Well, as Uhlissa mentioned in an earlier post, we put links to our SP10 Questionnaires in a sidebar item, right near the top. Mine is here, and I'll try to remember to post when I update it.

And my newest UFO (sigh) is Pomatomus by Cookie A. Again with the Koigu, as well. God, I love this yarn. It's so soft and cushy and knits up so well. I'm using my US 2 Clover Bamboo DPNs again, which feel a little off after the Addis. Much stickier than I remember. Which is good with this sock pattern, as I am having a heck of a time with it. I just started today at work, so not much has gotten done. I think I'm on.... row 7 of the Chart A pattern. I messed up the twisted rib by doing k1tbl, p1 instead of p1, k1tbl. It's not a huge deal, but just aggrivating.

Mas mas photos!!



I'm experimenting with the settings on my camera, trying to get a more accurate color. This Koigu has a lot of variated blues, from bright sky to violent violet. It's gorgeous. I'm hoping it'll bring out the scaliness of the Pomatomus pattern.


For some reason (probably the fact that I have sweaty, gross hands) this particular Koigu stained my fingers a little. Nothing major.

*And if you can link this to the quote I destroyed to make it, you win my own personal contest.

<3 Ambrrr

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Thanks for entering my contest!! I have to say I'm LOVING that koigu!! The colors are just fantastic! I haven't tried the Pomatamous socks yet...but it's up there on my to-do list once some needles clear up!